Pilot Knob Trail

Pilot Knob Trail is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Clay City, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Nice little hike.

great small trail, lots of elevation

We went mid November and we loved it.

Beautiful view

Great hike today , 1.74 miles from 815ft to 1394ft
Amazing views from on top

Great hike straight up to an amazing vista!

Easy hike

Great trail, definitely a hike but well worth it for the view. Tried to do the sage loop on my way back down, couldn't find where the trail re entered the forest off the gravel road, ended up up just hiking back up.

Breathtaking overlook!

Very enjoyable Trail with my Dog. so peaceful and enchanting...We will be there again.❤

AWESUM

Beautiful!

Really enjoyed this trail. The hill had me huffing and puffing for a little bit, but it was all worth it when I reached the top. Great scenic views. Could actually just make out the 5/3 Bank Building in Lexington when I was up there. Other than the view, I really enjoyed the trip up and down, it was very quiet with nothing but insects, bird song, and the sound of my own foot steps being the only things I could hear. It was great to be alone with nature for a bit.

such a beautiful view. defiantly worth the hike.