McCoy Hollow Trail

McCoy Hollow Trail is a 5.7 mile trail located near Mammoth Cave, KY that features a cave and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Mammoth Cave National Park P.O. Box 7 Mammoth Cave, KY 42259 270-758-2180

Horrible trail!!! Made impassible by horse traffic, mud everywhere even though it had not rained in a very long time. We had one hiker sink into the mud up to his waist! If you aren't a horseback rider avoid this trail at all costs.

I rode my horse on this trail. It is a big challenge …rock…rock…rock…cliffs and hills…I loved it but you sure needed to be on a accomplished trail horse! Some places the trail was hard to distinguish from mounds of rock. We picked our way through and traveled across the hills..Cliffs off to the side. This was no place for a foolish horse. There was a small waterfall also. We took our lunch there. Very beautiful trail. There was some bogs about half way through that you needed to traverse around. It was very beautiful and a trail I won't forget soon! Yes,,,I would do it again...