Lost River Cave and Valley Trail

Lost River Cave and Valley Trail is a 1.3 mile loop trail located near Bowling Green, Kentucky that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding.

this is a great family hike. we take our granddaughter to play in the waterfall. sink holes and butterfly garden is cool. great greenway around the top of the cave. trail is right by bark park and playground. love this gem!

Beautiful trail. Excellent birding peep-show wall. 3.75 stars!

I agree with everyone else. This is a nice trail for hiking.

A very nice winter hike.

Great trail!

Super easy trail and I've hiked it more times that I can count. There are some blue holes along the path and a very nice flowing spring at the end, but sadly, the plant life along the trail is mostly invasive, The trail is almost taken over by bush honeysuckle, privet, euonymous and others like that. There is a population of white squirrels to be seen and it's a good enough hike to stretch the legs. But the invasive plant takeover is heartbreaking for a native plant lover like me.

Hike it almost every other day, very accessible to walk when getting ready for a backpacking trip

Great hike and geocaching for younger kids.

Great afternoon trip for kids and geocaching.

Highly enjoyable. I took my two (almost three) year old and he was able to do most of it. I wish there was more distance, and there was unfortunately a little trash here and there, but overall a good experience.

Back in my college days this valley was not regulated and we would enter the cave on foot! Now, the valley is a nice day destination as it would take a couple hours to walk the valley, stop off at the butterfly garden and the blue holes.

The trail is down in the valley and it is beautiful and well shaded. The complete loop goes to a lovely spring and back. The paved walkway is not the trail. The trail is across the bridge.