Lake Malone State Park Campground Trail

DIFFICULTY 3 reviews

Lake Malone State Park Campground Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Belton, KY that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round.

cave

We really enjoyed it. The trails were clear. There were quite a few rock formations that the kids really enjoyed. There is a junction where, if you are starting the hike along the water, you can either take a trail west, or continue east. If you are just wanting to hike the Laurel Trail, continue east. The other trail seems to be a bit newer and we weren't really sure where it went or how long it was. We hiked it for about half a mile before we turned back.

Overall this is a nice, short trail though. I'd love to come back in the fall and see the lake with the different color leaves.

Sweet little trail. Perfect for families as my 4 year old hiked it easily!

Camped out here countless times since I was a child. I Love this campground and it's honestly one of my very favorites. It's not a large camp ground it has a few trails around for hiking a small beach for swimming and primitive and developed camp sites. It is beautiful particularly in the Fall of the year.