Kiser Hollow Trail

Kiser Hollow Trail is a 9 mile loop trail located near Olive Hill, KY that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

9.0 miles Loop

9 mile multi-use trail at Carter Caves State Park that starts and ends at the horse stables. This hike passes through the Tygart State Forest, the Smokey Creek valley and a couple old homesteads in Kiser Hollow.

Well I went out to run this trail a few days ago.it ended up being 60/40 trail run/ hike. The trail was in very sloppy shape. It was more obstacle course than trail run... In fact, this would make a very good training course for Tough Mudder, as I fell in the mud a couple times and even lost my shoe to a mud pit once. And when the trail wasn't insanely steep, rocky and/or muddy, there was a lot of thorny overgrowth. Again, not much to look at along the way. I think I'm done with this trail for a while.

I hiked this once last summer. Not a lot to look at considering the distance. Good variety of terrain, however, and I plan to revisit soon to run this trail.