Horn Hollow Trail

Horn Hollow Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Olive Hill, KY that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

cave

bridge out

2 mile looped trail, begins near Carter Caves Welcome Center, runs through Cave Valley Branch, ascends into Horn Hollow Valley, passes a number of cave entrances. Trail is hilly but offers great wildflower viewing during spring This hilly, but scenic trail takes you from the ridges into the streamless valley of Horn Hollow, where you see multiple cave entrances. This trail is especially rewardingduring the spring wildflower season from April-May. Green blazes mark the trail.

Great trail and views

One of the best hikes we've done! Stopped halfway to go explore in Horn Hollow Cave with our flashlights. Brings waterproof shoes if you're gonna explore the caves! But the trail itself is great, too. Will definitely be coming back. Easy for all ages.

Nice loop trail that starts right next to the Carter Caves visitors center. There is a part where it gets really steep right after you pass the sign to return to the visitors center, but it's worth it. I did this by myself with my chocolate lab and we had a good time!

Very beautiful! My husband and I have done the 3 Bridges and 4Cs several times. On this hike my husband kept saying that this shorter hike was his favorite and the most beautiful on the park. Lots of beautiful views of cave openings, rock formations and rocky creeks. It has a steep climb back uphill from the direction we started but it's not too difficult. I am overweight and trying to get back in shape - I had to stop and catch my breath a few times on climb back up, but a family with 2 kids under 6 hiked in front of us and they did great! Highly recommended if you don't have time for a long hike or just want to do a short one with the kids.

This trail is a great little trail to acclimate ones self with nature, hiking and the great outdoors.

nice trail, some up and down and the trail was touch in spots but a nice loop

Had a lot of fun on this trail, although it does get rather steep at the end it's to short to care. You pass by two caves which unfortunately were closed but going down and exploring around the entrance is always fun! I would suggest this because its short but has a good amount of things to see. Trail is clearly marked and most likely wont run into other hikers.

This trail packs quite a punch in less than 2 miles (about 1.75 on my watch). You will be close to both Laurel Cave and Horn Hollow Cave along the way, and even though both are closed due to White Nose Syndrome, you can still explore around the entrances - Laurel Cave is especially captivating. (Sidenote: about 20+ years ago, my dad used to bring me and my two brothers and a couple of flashlights through that entire cave, and it is excellent. I really hope they reopen it so I can take my daughter in there to explore, too.) Anyway, this trail is exceptionally hilly, but it's short and sweet.