Gunpowder Creek Park

Gunpowder Creek Park is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Burlington, KY that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

I really enjoyed this trail. I had my 17 month old on my back and we had a lot of fun exploring!

Time out your visit. The trail is small and perfect for a spontaneous outting in the evening or morning... Can get a little muddy of soaked if still wet. Also in the summer can get very crowded with webs, and overgrown plants. All-in-all Family friendly. An awesome time in the fall, winter, and spring!!

Littered garbage along the trails ):

Thick with trees and spider webs. I probably knocked down 30 webs along the path to avoid walking into them. You will need to clear the path with a stick as you walk the trail. Otherwise very beautiful. The river is nice. We only ran into two other people.

Small section good for swimming

beautiful place a lot to explore

perfect for a family to hike and picnic

this is a amazing place, easy hike and great for kids.

We really enjoyed this trail and exploring everything around it

I really enjoyed this trail. There is a rope swing that you have to walk a little further to find but nonetheless an enjoyable afternoon walk. I brought a buddy and a girl and we ended up running 1/4 of it and it was a great cardio workout adding to the steep incline at the beginning and the end. kind of romantic to watch the creek flowing.

Not bad going in. Nice time letting the kids look for crawfish, snakes, and salamander. Very enjoyable quiet, a little garbage from run off otherwise very good trail experience. Did have to give the kids one break coming back out. The incline kicked their buts.

Beautiful creek, the trail is steep, definitely not fit for strollers but a really nice workout and beautiful view at the bottom.

Nice easy trail. The creek is beautiful and is fun to go creeking in, if you like to do that; Which I do :) Great for a family outing and its a nice NKY trail