Green River Bluffs Trail

Green River Bluffs Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mammoth Cave, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

cave

A point to point trail going from the picnic area down to the Green River along the bluffs.

19 minutes ago

Great trail with nice views of the green river. Great for elevation gains.

Great Trail! Hiked it in January and there were many great views I couldn't have seen if there had been leaves on the trees. Make sure you look at Dixon Cave when you're hiking it! Later in the trail, you'll see more and more of the river. Would heartily recommend to anyone in the park!

Combine it with the River Styx Spring Trail to create a relatively easy loop from the Mammoth Cave NP Visitor Center. You can follow the trail all the way out along the river and return by way of the picnic area and cottages, or cut it short by returning past the Dixon Cave entrance.

Very nice trail for my kids and myself. My boys are 8 years old and 6 years old. Nice dirt trail in a wooded forest. One side of the trail has a steep incline so you may need to be careful with children. The trail itself has some steep declines and inclines, but overall a nice hike in the woods!

it was a great day hike for the family.

We did this trail as a family and had a lot of fun. Takes you down hill to the Green river from near the visitors center. We enjoyed the river and two springs down at the bottom. We made this a loop by coming back on the sink hole dome trail. In total it was about 4 miles. It was interesting to see the sink hole because the next day we took the historic cave tour and came up directly underneath that spot.

Very pretty and pretty easy.

the trail is well maintained! It was a nice hike!

We did about half of this trail. I really liked it. Very steep in some spots, beautiful views of the river, lots of cave openings and springs to see. I thought the River Styx was really neat. Going in midsummer was obviously very hot though.