Grays Arch Loop Trail

Grays Arch Loop Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Slade, KY that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiking the loop counter clockwise is suggested since the path down rough trail from the escarpment is easier to spot going downhill. It's a beautiful trial with gorgeous views from the bluffs.

Great trail! You get a good workout on this trail!

I just went to grays arch Wednesday. And man did I enjoy hiking the trails. Even though the gas stations where out of the over night parking pass. I was disappointed not able to overnight camp there. Maybe I'll try again in the future and maybe call in advance.

Beautiful hike.

Grays arch is beautiful. Trail's not too hard, and you get a great feel for Daniel Boone Forest

Gray's Arch is impressive and a must see when visiting RRG. Here is a link to a video of an overnight trip I took in that area around a year ago. You can see Gray's Arch as well as some other trails and highlights in that general area of RRG.

It would've been better if the end part of the loop wasn't closed down. Grey's Arch was amazing but the point of this trek was it was supposed to be a loop

Love this trail. It's got some terrific terrain and under the arch is a great point to rest. One of my favorite RRG trails.

Fantastic loop that contains a ridgeline, easy creek crossings on stones, and a large beautiful arch. I recommend that you take the loop backwards whereby you pass the arch last. Otherwise, you will have a long uphill climb after passing the arch. If you park at the grays trailhead, you will need to walk back a short way (perhaps .1 mi) on tunnel ridge road to find the starting point. You will return to the grays parking area. This trail is actually 3.9 miles according to the GPS watch. Definitely worth it.

easy hike. my family enjoyed it. good for kids of all ages except stroller.

it was OK. only one brief hard part.. did it fairly quickly. if you don't pay attention you will miss the arch!

Would not rate this as hard but moderate. Great hike. The arch is very impressive. Did Grays to Rough to Rush Ridge. Not as difficult as Auxier.
Loved the hike and the scenery.

Beautiful hike! Easy getting to the arch because it's mainly downhill. Coming back up is a bit more challenging but not too intense.

we did the D Boon hut trail then joined rough trail to grays arc and then back. it was gorgeous, but a bit more of a challenge than I was expecting going up from the hut with a dog.

We did this trail as part of our Rough Trail trek, starting at Angel Windows and working our way past Greys Arch and on to Martins Fork. this is backward from what most due but we parked at AW hiked about 7.5 hrs then went back getting car.Makes for a great all day trekking adventure highly recommend.

Great scenery and challenging hike. We started at the trailhead by the Martins Fork parking lot, went to Grays arch up to 227 and then circled back to 77.