Dog Slaughter Falls Trail

Dog Slaughter Falls Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Corbin, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Fantastic hike! Beautiful scenery and only saw 2 other groups on the trail, one on our way to the falls, the other on the way back. Just gorgeous and on the lower end of moderate!

We started at the Cumberland Falls visitors center, The hike was around 3.5 miles one way, so roughly 7 miles to the falls and back. It was beautiful the entire hike but it was not easy. There were lots of stairs and narrow walkways. By the end my legs were killing me! We didn't see anyone else on the trail and for the most part it was clean and well marked. I really enjoyed this trail and would do it again but next time I would start early that way I could take a few breaks along the way, we had to really push ourselves to get back before dark.

Beautiful hike along the river, lots of rock/cave formations along the way, falls are picturesque with a lot of places to sit and eat, and I imagine in the summer it would be a great swimming hole. A note about getting there, if you go using the directions from this site it will take you right to the unmarked parking area, walk about 200 feet away from the road on the well worn trail and you will see a bridge with a sign after it indicating the direction of the trail head.

I love this trail. It's been one of my favorites for years. Its a fairly easy hike with a beautiful destination.

Moderate hike with a great ending

Easy hike with a great view!

Its worth continuing just five more minutes west past the falls to reach the Cumberland River.

Nice trail!
Just one thing that annoys the sh@# out of me. Visitors need to clean up after themselves. C'mon people #LNT.

Trial was great. We went during the week and only saw 4 other hikers on trail. Stay on the marked trails because some of the side trails can be overgrown.

Really beautiful trail. Can be fairly heavy on traffic as well as in the swimming hole.

Very beautiful. I will definitely go back.