Cull Hollow Trail

Cull Hollow Trail is a 1.2 mile loop trail located near Lebanon Junction, KY that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Loop hike through wooded forest, rocky hillsides This short loop trail is best hiked in a clockwise direction. This allows for a gradual climb for the majority of the hike, and a steep descent at the end. The trail is well marked with red rectangles in the clockwise direction and red triangles in the counter-clockwise direction. The trail leads through the beginnings of Cull Hollow. The hike is entirely through the hard wood forest that Bernheim is famous for. About half way through the hike, is a very interesting hillside, full or rocky ledges and large stones strewn about. This is a nice area to explore, and can be the scene of small waterfalls after rains. This area is also frequented by deer and turkeys. At about the 1 mile point, the steep descent of about 200' will lead you back to the parking lot. You will be surprised by the elevation you have gained.

My husband and I took this trail yesterday. We are in agreement that the initial hill is a killer which made the rest of the trail seem easier. For our over 60 fellow hikers, we highly recommend trekking poles for this hike. The walk was unique at this time of the year because of the huge acorns both on the path and falling from overhead. Amazing trees! Interesting rolling hills. We would enjoy coming back and doing it again when there is water.

We had a difficult time finding this with the direction of near Lebanon Junction. When we used google map, still no luck. Finally figured out that it was part of Bernheim Forest nature center.

I am a trail scout at Bernheim Forest and almost 76 years old. I hike all the trails, except the 13.8 mile millennial. Cull Hollow is correctly rated moderate mainly because of the long steep rise when hiking counterclockwise, which is always the way I hike it. I like to get the hardest part of a trail done as soon as possible. Once you finish the accent the rest is easy. If you do walk it clockwise be prepared for a steep decent. A great trail anytime of the year.

My buddy and I walked this trail. As others have already stated, taking the trail counter-clockwise will start you out at a steep hill, about a 263ft elevation gain. If you are looking for a more relaxed hike, take it clockwise as the elevation gain is much less steep.

It was a nice hike, which took us about 40 minutes to finish. Very nice wooded scenery, featuring interesting rocky formations and a small bridge crossing the creek. There was a single downed tree on the trail, and there was a bit of rain recently so the trail was quite muddy.

This is a very pretty trail that goes through some nice forest areas and crosses a stream bed. I suggest counter-clockwise if you want a good climb to challenge yourself at the start. Clockwise progression is a bit easier since the steep grade is down instead of up. There are nice fossils in the trail as well.

Was a nice hike. Yeah the hill is hard but we managed just fine and saw so trail runners knock it out.

Did the trail this past Saturday morning and loved it! Took exactly an hour with stopping a couple of times to take pics. Path is well marked with good elevation. Had the trail to myself the whole time. Will definitely be doing this one again!

Yes, if you hike this trail counter clockwise the initial hill is satan. It seems never ending, but does give you a sense of accomplishment once you make it to the top. The trail is overgrown in a couple of spots and I found myself having to duck down to get through the branches and leaves.