Millennium Trail

Millennium Trail is a 13.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon Junction, KY that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Millennium Trail in Bernheim Forest is a 13.6 mile loop trail located near Shepherdsville, Kentucky. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Some of the markings were hard to find. TONS OF TICKS!! Bring 100% deet bug spray. Lots of spider webs and fallen trees and creeks. Great hike. I did this as someone who doesn't hike at all and was sore the next day (that's to be expected). I plan to hike again very soon.

Hiked in October - awesome! Hiking again this weekend, only fitting in half - taking lots of water!

Loved every bit of this trail.

I enjoyed this trail. it was a little narrow at times with over growth. we saw 2 other purple do that was great. we saw lots of dear. Make sure to bring your own water because there is nothing on the trail to filter. there was lots of ticks so make sure you spray. I sprayed and still had 10 on me. I wish there were some over looks. lots of green space. it's not the red river gorge bit is closer if you live in Louisville Ky. there are lots of smaller trails in the area if you don't want to do this 14 mile beast.

Make a day of it!!!!!

Well marked trail Did half day. 7 Miles

Very intense trail. Come prepared!

Very tough hike, only got to the 1/2 way point bc we started to late in the day. Was well marked, wasn't very exciting though, its just a lot of woods, no rugged terrain, cliffs, waterfalls, etc at least on the first half going clockwise. Was definitely a good workout tho & enjoyed being outside. Would recommend for somewhat fit person, got the legs burning!

I hiked this trail with a buddy in 95 degree summer heat, if you do decide to do the trail in the summer I recommend making a water cache midpoint and use plenty of tick repellent. Also the trail head was a pain in the butt to find and if you happen to do this trail on a weekend then you have to pay 5$ to get into the park and then wait till 9 am for the visitors center to open to register for the trail. The trail itself was very strenuous, its not a trail for beginners by any means. We crossed many creek beds that were dried up so make sure to drink and bring plenty of water. This trail took us about 7 hours in all to complete with a half hour lunch at the mid-point.

Bernheim Forest offers great trails and excellent staff. The Visitor Center Staff also offers good food and refreshments. The trails are very well marked vary in distance and difficulty. A great place to hike, walk, or picnic while the kids are enjoying the playground. Bernheim Forest is a Great Place for kids of all ages to Enjoy Nature and enjoy the day.

Great hike but very challenging. I hadn't worked out for a month before I tried this and I regretted that because I could hardly walk when I got home. We hiked it counter-clockwise and I felt great at the half-way point and I figured the latter half I could do with relative ease. I was very wrong. At mile nine there's a hill where whoever made the trail obviously had a sick sense of humor and made the trail run straight up the hill. After that my legs were screaming at me for the last 4 miles, but totally worth it. The trail offers many different vistas, from valleys, to intertwining streams, to beautiful hilltop views. All in all, a fun trail, but unless you hike on a weekly basis or are some sort of triathlon runner, don't expect to feel chipper after.

Lovely.

My husband and I have hiked this trail frequently. It's one of our favorites. We have
hiked it during every season and in all types of weather. But let me tell you, it doesn't
matter how many times you do it, the climbs do not get any easier!

Definitely a cool weather hike, a lot of ups and downs. I really enjoyed the scenery from the ridge lines down to the hollows. I think it's a great trail for the moderately experienced hiker.

my favorite +10miler..its a tough hike LOTS of climbs..