Berea Forest Trail

Berea Forest Trail is a 6.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Berea, KY that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great trails in all and very nice views from overlook! I would recommend this spot to everyone!!!

Great set of trails, with some steep areas that our dogs had a hard time with. Lots of places to sit in the shade and enjoy the views with snacks or lunch. There are NO restrooms anywhere in the parking or hiking area though!! Decent amount of litter and some of the overlooks need a trim of overgrowth too unfortunately. . .

Trails are well kept and marked. Steady to steep inclines lead to views. Suggest going to East Pinnacle first then Indian Fort Lookout. Wonderful views of KY hills. Going to Indian Fort first requires steep long hike up. West Pinnacle view was disappointing. Go early on weekends to avoid crowds. Take plenty of water. Be prepared to hike up quite a bit.

Very nice trail.

wonderful trail...had my dog along...we both enjoyed...the views were fantastic...

It was a clear hot day when we went and the canopy of the forest provided plenty of shade to keep us cool as the temperature rose. took my 2 year old along and she had a good time (WE DID NOT TAKE A STROLLER) Just a few places where we definitely had to carry her. I would not recommend a stroller on the trail although we saw several. There a several scenic stops along the way, great half day hike!

Some steep inclines but I great view and nice lookout spot! Worth every step :)

Went up the harder west pinnacle trail and had a great day. Challenging areas and beautiful lookouts. All and all intermediate

Beautiful area! Lots of options for shorter hikes or you can do them all and get a couple good miles in. One of the trails is closed I think?

Amazing views. Can't believe I've lived in Kentucky all my life and have never known about these trails until now. We went to the West Pinnacle. Well worth the hike. I plan to return here again and again in every season to take more beautiful pictures.

Love this trail. Family friendly with awesome views

There are two different trail access points to Indian Fort Mountain. One is obviously Indian Fort Theater, the other is the West Pinnacle trailhead located at the intersection of Big Hill Road and Gabbardtown Road (in the corner of the parking lot of the civic center or whatever that building is, there's a paved trail for bikers, just walk up it until you cross the wooden bridge and then look to your left). The GPS coordinates for Indian Ft Theater are 37.554262,-84.240825, if you're an out of towner you might have trouble finding Indian Ft Theater via lack of visual landmarks.

As for the trail, the Pinnacles remain some of the best hiking in Kentucky for the views. There's no camping, but this place is certainly my favorite for day hiking. Be careful up there, people have died, the falls are lethal.

Even though it's January it's absolutely breath taking when you reach the top. My favorite part was being able to take my dog for the first time hiking and how beautiful east pinnacle is.

One of my favorite places to hike at with an amazing view!!!

First time here, I'd rate some of moderate to strenuous. Uphill trails. Beautiful!

Great views