Auxier Ridge Trail

Auxier Ridge Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Stanton, KY that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

2.3 miles 415 feet Point to Point

I loved this hike, great view of the RRG, especially in the fall when the leaves have turned. Combined this hike with double arch trail to create a loop of almost 8 miles. Had a great time.

Walk the trail today for the first time. Beautiful

Great views.

In combo with courthouse rock trail, very nice day hike! Fall in KY with sun and temps in upper 70's- it doesn't get any better!

Amazing trail! Sunrise on Auxier Ridge will be hard to top!

Beautiful views along this trail. We planned to hike to the double arch from this trail but we had our dogs with us. Warning: if you are hiking with dogs. At about 2.4 miles there is a steep staircase that you have to descend to get the base of courthouse rock. These stairs are iron grated which could hurt your dogs feet. Our dogs would not even attempt to go down these so we turned back at that point.

The only thing I didn't like was end of the loop was a gravel road. There was a nice running stream during the dry season we filled up our water at. If you were backpacking I would suggest camping at the stream.

One of my favorite hikes in the Gorge. Best view around, however for better color I'd go at the end of October.

There are amazing views along this trail. I also hiked over to Double Arch and looped back to my car. Here is a video from when I hiked the trail earlier this year.

Fantastic hike across the ridge. Fairly easy with modest elevation gain/loss. At the end, you will find a long and steep staircase that allows you to go on to courthouse rock. This one is a must if you are in this area. If planning to loop this with courthouse rock trail, take the courthouse trail out and this trail back. The courthouse trail is nearly all uphill on the return, which we did not enjoy.

Beautiful. A few places on the were not very well marked, but the views were amazing.

Loved this trail combined with Double Arch. Killer workout. Beautiful scenery.

good workout and great views!

Great!

We started at trail head parking and headed down the ridge trail. About a mile in we wandered off a side trail to a secluded camp site with unbelievable views. In the morning we got up to beat any crowds (the trail was pretty packed at when we started) and around 9am finished the ridge trail, went out to double arch and back, and finally went branch trail back to the car. One of the best camping experiences and amazing views, manageable trails and access to water in case campers don't pack enough. Would recommend following a side trail while on the ridge to find a one of a kind camp site like ours. Only bad experience was some weirdos hollering for an hour around 1am and sporadically throughout the rest of the night. They tested and proved the gorge does in fact echo.