Auxier Ridge Trail

Auxier Ridge Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Stanton, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

2.3 miles 413 feet Point to Point

Non-stop fantastic scenery as you walk atop the ridge.

One of the best trails in RRG.

Very nice trail we hiked Down and over to courthouse rock

One of my favorites in the RRG some parts are easy some strenuous excellent views throughout

I loved this hike, great view of the RRG, especially in the fall when the leaves have turned. Combined this hike with double arch trail to create a loop of almost 8 miles. Had a great time.

Walk the trail today for the first time. Beautiful

Great views.

In combo with courthouse rock trail, very nice day hike! Fall in KY with sun and temps in upper 70's- it doesn't get any better!

Amazing trail! Sunrise on Auxier Ridge will be hard to top!

Beautiful views along this trail. We planned to hike to the double arch from this trail but we had our dogs with us. Warning: if you are hiking with dogs. At about 2.4 miles there is a steep staircase that you have to descend to get the base of courthouse rock. These stairs are iron grated which could hurt your dogs feet. Our dogs would not even attempt to go down these so we turned back at that point.

The only thing I didn't like was end of the loop was a gravel road. There was a nice running stream during the dry season we filled up our water at. If you were backpacking I would suggest camping at the stream.

One of my favorite hikes in the Gorge. Best view around, however for better color I'd go at the end of October.

There are amazing views along this trail. I also hiked over to Double Arch and looped back to my car. Here is a video from when I hiked the trail earlier this year.