Turkey Creek Streamway Trail

Turkey Creek Streamway Trail is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Shawnee, KS that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Urban trail that's well maintained and all paved. Not very scenic. Saw only a couple people on this train from Merriam to SMPW on a Tuesday at noon.

A good walking trail when we need to get away from the park walking loop. After a hard rain the creek had a lot more water and the water noises are nice. The trail can be slick in places even a few hours after the rain. It's definitely not a quiet trail as you hear I-35 and the trains but it's a nice place to get off the street and into a little bit of nature. More restroom facilities near the parks along the route would be helpful. Not a fan or porta-potties for my toddler.

When I picture a waterfall I think of water falling from a ledge that's at least taller than my 5'9". Instead I got dank water sluggishly trickling over a couple cement blocks and trash like hubcaps standing in the few inches of water.

The trees and wildflowers were beautiful though, and for a Sunday it wasn't crowded at all.

This is basically a long-ass path. Awesome for running, biking, dog walking, etc. It can get super crowded. I used it heavily when training for a half marathon, and found myself incredibly grateful for the restroom facilities along the way. There is one part where it runs along some ratchet businesses in downtown Merriam, but just keep swimming.

It also goes right by a Sonic, which kept me going during long runs. Smell the grease and think, in depth, about the post-run meal. Jeah.

Great place to take a stroll with your dogs. Groundhogs and deer can be found along the way.

Good run pretty flat some nice views for being in the city.

Pretty flat some nice scenic views for being in the city.

Paved, all fitness levels, fun to see all the wildlife along the creek.

This trail offers wonderful views of the new Ikea.

Not ideal for road biking but doable. A few stop-and-go locations involving traffic. Most of the route is near the stream, which is nice, but it's very urban with sounds of trains and traffic. A few parks along the route with swing sets for kids etc. One area sidewalk as blocked due to construction. I logged 8 miles after backtracking 2. Would suggest using Frontage and 75th streets as trailhead to avoid backtracking.

Stumbled upon this paved trail after a trip to the Trek store. Nice short trip.Flat and curvy. Short and sweet. Always fun finding new trails.

I was on my mountainbike but this is not a dirt trail, it is a paved path.

Nice Trail. Starts in a weird place around 75th Street and I35. used to end on Merriam Lane and Antioch but an addition was added in fall 2013 that now takes it to 635/Metcalf. eventually, the trail will lead to downtown.