Shawnee Mission Park

Shawnee Mission Park is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Shawnee, KS that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Horses are also able to use this trail.

There are three bike/hike trails here. Violet loop is an advanced trail that is pretty rocky. Orange loop which is an intermediate trail. The violet trail is a lil too rocky for my liking. Although, the orange trail is a blast! You pick up some serious speeds at times.I ride it at-least once a week.

nice,well marked trail.Best time to go is during the week. The red trail is long.Expect two hours.

Nice views and well marked trail. Difficulty is moderate at best. Bike riders routinely failed to identify themselves and the trail can be narrow so that can be a problem. The switchbacks are close to each other and the park is busy so I never forgot that I was in a public park (a negative in my view).

Natural trails with several loop options, well maintained and well marked

I love these trails. Every color trail offers something different. Personally, i love the yellow trail that isnt even on the map. This park is an all time favorite for both my kids and i.
Trails are beautifully outlined on the map, which are located throughout the trails. Also, trails are nicely maintained and shaded, so thats definitely a plus.

Fun to bring a dog

7.5 miles....good workout

Well maintained off-leash park with a few trails. Otherwise wide and flat.

South Shore trail in some places has a moderate difficulty. Mostly wide and flat. Good for speed hiking/training

Unleashed dog area available with lake access. I'm a bike enthusiast and can appreciate others biking but the road bikers will run you over if you are walking the paths.

Our second time at Shawnee Mission Park; this time we connected the orange trail, a part of violet and the red to go 10 miles. The "more difficult" trails I think are labeled so because of the rockiness and narrowness of the trail. We had to step aside a few times for bikers (they're supposed to yield to hikers but that doesn't make much sense to us, we just let them fly on by). No foliage at this time of the year, but on the plus side, all the bugs are dead! We packed a lunch and had a break 5 miles in. We'll be back soon!

Love these trails, they have plenty of options depending on how active you want to be