Cedar Crest Trail; MacLennan Park Trail

Cedar Crest Trail; MacLennan Park Trail is a 4.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Topeka, KS that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice hike. I'd call it easy as opposed to moderate.

2nd trip with a great friend who knew the Trail much better than I! The variety of mushrooms, dewy cobwebs, train tracks and the Kansas River were all candy to my eyes!! We estimated 4 miles.

The trails could have been marked better.

My first visit to the trail! Really enjoyed the adventure. The squirrels were scurrying in prep for winter, leaves were falling, birds chirping and sightings of many different types of mushrooms. It was a very hot day but the canopy of the trees kept me shaded. Very well maintained! I enjoyed the different levels. Can't wait to bring my "hellga" bike the next time. 3.3 miles on my first trip.

Excellent trails. We take our kids there frequently.

Nice MTB ride. First time on these trails in probably a year. I really enjoy these trails being so close to town.

Right next to the governor's mansion is a set of very nice hiking trails. The main trail is good even for children but if you can stay out of the way of bikes there is a whole network of neat trails and loops to explore. Most of them are wooded and almost all are pretty much natural... the way I like them. There is also a nice paved walkway out among the ponds and sparsely treed lawns so there is something for everyone here.

I love this trail. I can squeeze out about 9 mile in a big loop without really repeating any sections. It has decent hills and varied terrain. Or I can make up smaller loops to fit a training needs. Have done most of my trail marathon and 50k training here.

This place is good for being right next to the populated Topeka area. The trails do not go very far and the few trails there are all go in circles right next to each other so every trail is the same. This place is good if your looking to get a quick run in or practice your hills but don't expect to train for any races here because you will run out of trails very quickly and if your like me I hate running the same place twice in one outing. The view here is pretty cool as it sits higher up compared to its surroundings.

Cool mtb trails especially for during the week if you live in Topeka! Parts of Trail get pretty muddy, so be aware of recent weather before tearing down the trail by the river.
Someone installed some fun little log-rides and humpty-dumps in the bottoms near the river. Thanks for the work!

LOVED this trail!! There are so many different trails that you can take that it feels like you could never tackle them all, so I won't get bored with this trail. It said there was a creek or river running through it somewhere, but haven't found it yet, so I'm looking forward to the day that I do :)

I use this trail for running. Challenging hills but worth the effort. I hardly see people when I'm using the trails so it's a nice getaway from the city. Can be muddy. The red trail is usually the driest.

This is an urban park on the edge of Topeka. Some very nice trails, good variety, great for hiking and mountain biking. Several ponds for fishing, and river access.