Linear Trail - River Trails

Linear Trail - River Trails is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Manhattan, KS that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.8 miles 88 feet Point to Point

canoeing

Its really nice it has a flat gravelly road good for waking or bike riding, but you can get off the gravelly and fallow the trails inside the wood, is pretty cool.

Beautiful and well kept by the river.

I run this trail regularly with a jogging stroller. Its flat light gravel floor is great for use with an off road jogging stroller. While you're away from car traffic for the most part, you can't avoid it completely so be prepared to hear the cars on Fort Riley Blvd. You couldn't call this a true nature trail but it's a fantastic alternative to sidewalks and stop lights.

Nice for a jaunt to get in some exercise. Flat, gravel/dirt mix. Great for a walk, run, or a bike ride. Goes along the river, so lots of birding and maybe some other wildlife viewing opportunities. Some rustic benches for resting or birding. Hard to figure out where to access it from right downtown. I finally figured out to follow 5th street across the tracks, then jump over to 4th street for access to the trail. Good sized parking area there as well if you drive to the trail. I walked from Houston St. Cross Riley Blvd at the
traffic lights at either 4th or 6th if walking, no light at 5th and heavy traffic in early evening.

Not a hiking trail. Nice for getting around a town that is otherwise pretty unwalkable.

Very good trail quite and is big for family walks or running and hiking

Nice urban trail.

Nice easy trails!

We "hiked" the Linear Trail, it's not even a trail at all. It might be a good off road place for walking or bike riding for the residents of Manhattan, KS but not for hiking. It's a flood dike that has a crushed stone and nothing more. I gave it one star because there is no real scenery and when we went it was pretty crowded.

I give this trail no stars because ..... I dont walk it any more ... I was scared off it by a homeless man and I was in the middle of Manhattan Kansas when it happened. IF YOU WALK, RIDE A BIKE OR ANY THING ON THIS TRAIL DO NOT GO ALONE. IF YOU HAVE TO GO ALONE THEN TAKE A GUN WITH YOU OR A KNIFE. IF YOU DONT HAVE EIGHTER OF THESE THEN YOU TAKE A DOG WITH YOU. I was lucky that something didnt happen to me.

I would not call this a hiking trail. it is a gravel or paved walkway. good for walking or a bike ride, but nothing too exciting.

I am not from the Manhattan area, but was visiting a family member when I completed this trail. I love cities that have recreational trails for walking, biking, and dogs, and the Linear Trail is one such offering. There are paved parts and gravel parts, but all seemed pretty well-maintained. I was on this trail on a Sunday evening and the crowd was moderate. I like to see people out exercising and having fun in the beautiful weather! I will keep this trail in mind when visiting again.

This is an easy trail that I take often after work or on a light workout day. The trail is for the most part really nice. There are a lot of people jogging, walking, and several biking, the only draw backs to this trail is if your going to do the whole thing is that there are a few places that can get pretty muddy after a lot of rain. But over all a nice place to unwind.