Kill Creek Park Trail

Kill Creek Park Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Desoto, KS that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Kill Creek park trails are located just outside of DeSoto, near Olathe, Kansas. The trail is primarily used for hiking & mountain biking. Three trails; Hank, Eddie, and the connector trail.

Well maintained mountain bike trails, rocky and uphill in spots. The connector trail is mostly downhill, and somewhat rough ride. I usually ride the loop counter clockwise but both ways probably have equal elevation gain/loss. Loop only takes 15 or 20 minutes. The trail across the creek is more technical, takes you on the side of bluff next to the creek. The trail getting to the loop is longer than the loop. Uphill most of the way to the loop, take the loop clockwise, you'll go through a flat section then an intense climb before getting to the gnarly creek bed. Wear a helmet!

The trail itself was nice. But we came home with more tics and fleas than we ever have before. We had fun hiking but paid for it dearly with horrible itching for days afterwards. I know to expect bugs on hiking trails but some are worse than others. This is definitely one of the worst ones. I won't do it again.

I really enjoyed this trail system. It has a great mixture of paved and unpaved (rocky) paths. It has lots of choices of paths to take. The wooded areas are nice when the sun is hot. Be prepared for wet shoes at creek crossings. It wasn't deep, but not a clear dry path across them. The paths are easy to follow. We spent 2.5 hours here and didn't see half of the trail. We loved it!

Beautiful trail with a lot of path options. Some of it is paved and some is through the woods. Multiple creek crossings so be prepared to have squishy shoes.

One of the best Trails systems in Johnson County

this trial was beautiful. You may get wet when crossing the stream. I cant wait to go back when its spring outside.

Great park. Endless trails. Both paved and through the woods and fields. Plenty of wildlife (must have seen 100 deer).

My only complaints would be the bugs. Do yourself a favor, wear hiking pants and spray your legs with bug spray to avoid the chiggers. Also if you're gonna go through the woods carry a stick to beat down the endless spider webs. Kind of a hassle but hey that's nature right.

Great trails - a mix of wooded, prairie, and paved. Word to the wise - try to stay off the grass right now. My husband and I are recovering from masses of chigger bites. Learned from the doctor that chiggers are especially bad this year due to all the rain. We loved the hike (before the itching!) and plan to go back - after the temp goes down to 42*!

Great wooded trail. Red bugs were exceptionally bad this trip and spiders opting to build webs every 2 steps across pathway. Really up close and personal with nature, great sights, wildlife readily seen. Beautiful doe stood and stared for quiet some time. I'll be back here.

This is a really nice wooded trail. The winding trail through the woods and along the hillsides is easy to access and a beautiful hike. I highly recommend this as a close hike from the city.

Awesome trails! Lots of choices on what paths to take. Lots of wildlife too!:)

For biking, hiking, and horse rising, this is a great trail. But runners beware. Very loose and rocky paths presented a hazardous running path. It's a challenge for sure.

There are some awesome biking, hiking and horse trails at this 884 acre park in Johnson County Kansas.

Definitely a fun ride. I mountain biked with my buddies and we had a great time. You even have to ride through a creek! Every time I've been out I've seen deer.

Kill Creek Park has several trails for mountain biking, hiking, and horseback riding. The mountain biking trails are full of limestone and rather wide. The hiking trails are very narrow (one person has to get completely off the trail when passing others) and contain many stream crossings. Parts of the trails are in the open Kansas prairie, but most are wooded. There is also a lake in the park, but I only hiked the northern part of the park on my last venture there.