Ironwood Park Walking Trail

Ironwood Park Walking Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Overland Park, KS that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

City maintained walking trail.

Clean paved trails, mowed along the sides, well maintained lights, other amenities like the obstacle area, a building that I guess is available for rent, and the nature center! I like the trails with the tree cover.

If you prefer not to get your shoes dirty on a trail, this is the place for you. I took my dogs and my five year old on this trail. It is all paved so you arent crawling through brush or overgrown poison ivy to get through.

I enjoyed this trail simply because my dogs and son were able to walk it easily.

ice climbing

nice and relaxing

Beautiful

Nice short trail, best for running or walking; I wouldn't really qualify it as a hiking trail.

It's a nice trail to take the family out for walk/hike. It's a mix of pavement & dirt with a hill that has a nice view and a nice lake to walk by. There's a playground and a nature center do bring kids - it's fun.

Nice mix of paved and unpaved trails.