Wildcat Den Trail

Wildcat Den Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Muscatine, IA that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of the major features of Wildcat Den State Park is its trail system. Trails wind through a variety of terrain and lead to such fascinating sites as "Steamboat Rock," "Devil's Punch Bowl," and " Fat Man's Squeeze." The beautiful bluffs and rock outcroppings provide spectacular views to hikers. Wildcat Den State Park is one of the most unique in Iowa, combining natural beauty and solitude, preservation of historical structures, trails, camping and picnic areas for recreational use.

Is the trail open to mountain biking?? Thanks.

Since this park is close by, it is a great place to get out and enjoy the trails at anytime. There are trails that are fairly easy and some that are more challenging. A great place to get a quick workout in on a weekend.

Great!

We loved this trail! Hard enough for a decent work out without killing yourself. Very pretty. We enjoyed the varied scenery and beautiful trails.

This park was awesome! They have trails that are in the woods, but we (including the dog) decided to play in the river, and climb up the rock faces! If you bring good shoes or good hiking shoes, you can go about anywhere! And of course, it's completely dog safe!

2/29/2016 Leap year! It ended up being a wonderful way to celebrate an extra day this year. I saw about 15 deer in three different locations. Wintertime sloppy muddy but very relaxing and enjoyable. If I'm in the area again I will definitely come back. Most of the trail is wide enough for sports utility vehicle to drive through. Some of it does get very hilly and is more of a off path trail. The rating says easy but I would say it was moderate in spots. I would love to come back in the summertime.

geocaching

Great place to hike! Beautiful area!

Just completed this hike today with my dog for the first time. It was a pretty fun hike. There's lots of beautiful sights and some steep terrain. I had fun because my dog and I went off trail and did some climbing. It can get pretty crowded on nice days.

Great local place for a nice quick hike. lots of stairs, stream and rock. Great scenery with Grist Mill, School. They are adding a period style log cabin (complete 2015?) next to the settlers cemetary. Nice park

Coming from a 25 year stint in SE Minnesota, I didn't know what to expect going to this park. I'm sure I camped here in scouting days, but have no recollection of the park.
That said, I enjoyed the park. Fairly easy hike, easy drive from the Quad Cities area. Nice quiet location. Creeks and some sandstone cliffs to view which are nice. Grist Mill is interesting.
I have yet to see any critters outside of hearing birds.

Good day out !

Beautiful and a great workout. It would be nice if it were signed better from one trail to the next.

It was the 1st nice day after a long winter and we needed to get the dogs out for a hike. This was our 1st visit to the park and we really like the rock formation and view. Just a nice trail that we will go back and do it again