Stone State Park

Stone State Park is a 9.2 mile lightly trafficked trail located near Sioux City, IA and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9.2 miles 1278 feet

scenic driving

Had knee replacement surgery a while back and finally able to get the kinks out. Challenging for me with the knee, but made it. Lots of trails to enjoy, and had two chipmunks playing in front of one of the benches I took a break on. They have a bird house with a red-tailed hawk and owl for getting up close. A couple of turkeys darted out, but was a nice hike. Definitely going to make it a habit. Trails are always open, but the center closes

Very hilly but beautiful. Will go back soon.

Beautiful trail

Nice trail system, very pretty in the autumn.

Run and bike the trails weekly.Great place for a workout or to take in some wildlife. Several trails to choose or link up for a varying distances.

My dogs love to go for a walk to the lake and around it.Lots of great views and have seen some deer and turkeys along the way.Not too over crowded as we are usually alone or just see a couple people along the way.Its close to home so doesn't cost much for gas.

Really fun trails. The only downsides are some washed out spots and ruts every once in a while. Otherwise, plenty of climbing.

I have hiked and cross country skied most of the trails in the park. You can see a lot of wildlife , deer, fox turkeys and turkey buzzards.There are great views from the top of the hills.And you can hike down to Turtle lake. It's just a great park to take kids hiking.

AMBITIOUS MOUNTAIN BIKERS -- This trail is for YOU!

This trails system was very intense for me on a bicycle. There was very little flat trail; you were either going uphill or downhill nearly the entire time, neither of which were easy. A couple of the trails had wash out and long ruts which made it very difficult at times. The elevation changes were very steep in some areas as well (I will be the first to admit I had to walk my bike up some of these hills). I will not be doing this again on bike, but I think it would make a nice hike. There is a lot of tree cover and I saw a couple of deer in the park.

Beautiful trails. Nicely shaded.