Winona Lake Trail

Winona Lake Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Winona Lake, IN. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for mountain biking.

The trail is fairly busy with mountain bikers. This makes going the opposite direction of them very important. The arrows marking the path green and black are for the bikers. The people are very friendly and the bikers are okay with sharing the path just make sure you stay alert for incoming bikes. Make sure to protect yourself with some OFF because my four legged partner picked up 22 ticks while we were there. There is a ton of wildlife and the trails are fun. This trail would be great, if I was on a solo mission, but dodging bikes with a dog and the all the ticks he picked up definitely hurt the experience.

Local destination I love taking my dog. Streams that trail off Lake Winona allow my dog swimming access while having short paved walks for rainy days and multiple un-paved trails to let my dog explore. Deer, squirrels, and other wildlife seem to enjoy the enclosed woods as well!

Only rode once so far, went about 8 miles. Trails are pretty fast, we'll manage, and diverse! Can't wait to go back.

My husband & I started our hiking here, so we often go back because it is so close. One star off for the fact that it can be a little dangerous to hike because it is mainly a mountain biking trail- make sure you hike AGAINST the bike flow, identify yourself & step off the trail when bikers are coming. Also they close the trails when they are too wet to ride, and that can be frustrating so be sure to check recent weather & the official trail website before heading out. Great length & challenge for hikers, and decent views!

Such a fun place to ride. Lots of options. The field trail gets hotter than Hades in the summer, but tough it out cuz the ride is worth it. Plenty of places to get airborne if that's your thing, but if 2 wheels fixed to the ground sounds better you can do that too. Cool little area to visit, too.

Great trail for all skill levels. Very good options which allow you to make it an easy ride or a technical one. The prairie is also very fun. Best if rode on a 29er.

Great trail. Very well marked. Fast ride. Not too technical but there are some good climbs and a lot if sand. If you ride the red and the greens on the loop it's around an 8 mile loop. I live close by and ride a couple times a week.

Great trail with some decent fast parts. Usually see several deer throughout and trail is very well kept.