Versailles State Park Trail

Versailles State Park Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Versailles, IN that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Versailles State Park has 13+ miles of mountain bike trails. It is one of the best placse to ride in Indiana. The 4 mile Shadow Run loop is a great beginner trail and Cliffside offers something for more advanced riders.

I live in Versailles and I am an absolute beginner. My first 2 rides were yesterday and today 8/19 and 8/20/13. I rode shadow run both days, and plan to ride it again tomorrow and Thursday. For an out of shape newbie like myself, Shadow Run is a really good trail to start out with. This loop trail has a challenging ascent right off the bat either direction you ride it. I briefly talked to a nice couple from Cincinnati that drive an hour to ride here. This makes me feel lucky to have these trails in my backyard. I will stick with Shadow Run this week and move on to a different trail next week.

Quality riding. Technical and challenging single track. Just watch out for the waterfall on Cliffside. My friend bit it there. Very scary!

I will be back to this park!

Excellent trails. It offers something for beginners and more advanced riders. Almost every time I ride at VSP I meet someone from out of town who tells me how lucky I am to have trails like this so close to where I live. Creekside trail offers a little bit of rocky terrain, Grandview offers some climbs and obstacles as well as smooth riding. Cliffside offers a narrow and advanced trail with a waterfall. Center Loop is a nice connector trail. Shadow Run is the best trail for beginners and is also the most fun trail. It has about a mile climb both ways around the loop then smooth, flowing, and fast trails with a nice mile descent either way you ride it.