Trail 8 Loop

Trail 8 Loop is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, IN that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail didn't fee at all "remote". It's well marked and has some interesting features but definitely not anything to write home about. I'd come again with family.

If you are a serious hiker stay away from this trail.
Way to many people.
You think you are hiking to a remote lake but what do you find but a parking lot with a play ground with a tun of people.
Also a good portion of the hike runs along the road.
For the casual hiker it may be ok but not for serious hiker.

Without intending to, I hiked this counter-clockwise. I am sure this increased the challenge, but I figure it just builds more muscle :) Very nice trail. There is quite a bit of poison ivy along the trail in the beginning, so be careful. I added trail 7 around Ogle Lake. Not sure why this is showing I gave it three stars. I gave it five.

Good solid hike on well marked trails. Took the family and went counter-clockwise. Should have read the reviews first because about 3.5 miles into the trek was almost 150 steps up. At least they were kind enough to add a bench halfway up to catch your breath. Unfortunately the park map states it is 3.5 miles but both mine and my son's pedometers put it between 4.8 and 5 miles. My kids thought I tricked them into a longer hike than they wanted.
Lots of roots and fallen trees which adds interest to the trail - watch your step.

Well marked trails. Would rate as easy-moderate. No real expansive views that could be considered breathtaking, but definitely pretty.

Very beautiful scenery and a solid hike overall. Easy to navigate around.

Clockwise is definitely the way to go. Counter has you walking up an ungodly amount of stairs.

It was awesome.... Sorry everyone... I uploaded the wrong picture... Can't figure out how to remove...

Started hike clockwise. This was definitely the easier route. Good hike. Not difficult, nice distance for a mid day hike

Great hike! Done this trail many times. Yesterday went clockwise for the first time. Snow on the ground and saw some deer close to us! Nice views. Fun trail!

Nice loop! Headed out clockwise on the Hike #8. Glad I went in that direction because counter clock wise would have meant lots of steps UP vs down. Initially the trail is near the park road and hearing and seeing the cars early on wasn't ideal but the trail eventually turns away from the main road and quiets down. I added the Hike#7 to this route so this hike was approx 5 miles.

Started at almost 6p and ended after 8p. Kinda scary because it was practically dark, but totally fun. We stopped and ate sandwiches at Hesitation Point for about 20 min. Was surprised about how many inclines there were. I'd rate it moderately challenging at a brisk pace.