Trail 1 at Turkey Run State Park

Trail 1 at Turkey Run State Park is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marshall, Indiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Turkey Run State Park, Trail #1, is a 3 mile loop trail located near Marshall, Indiana that features beautiful wild flowers in spring and Eagles during the winter. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking & nature trips and is accessible year-round.

TRAIL 1 -IS A MDERA TO RUGGED DEPEDNDING ON YOUR EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL SHAPE, A LOT OF BIG TREES, SCENIC VIEWS AROUND THE RIVER. GREAT FOR BIRDING. LEADS TO COVERED BRIDGE AND INTERSECTS WITH TRAIL 2 AN 6. VRY NICE TRAIL I THOUGHT.

Today my son and I hiked the entire park. Not really sure the exact miles, but with all the back tracking I believe around 17. We had a great day. Weather was 15-19 degrees. First time hiking and my water bottles started freezing up. Good amount of people on the trail today. Had a great time now my body is tore up! Get out and enjoy the creation we were given dominion over.

Certain parts of trail make you question whether you're still on a marked trail or off-roading since they are bends of high rock slopes but they are trails. Pretty bridge over the river that many go kayaking on.

Beautiful and Fun!

Took trail 1 to covered bridge, crossed creek there and took trail 4 back

Nice shady hike on a very hot day in August 2013.

i

Trail 3 was absolutely amazing! You can walk through ravines along the creek bed while water trickles down through it, so beautiful!

very scenic. plenty of shade. easy grades. lots of stairs at turkey run.

Trail #1 is a nice easy trail to hike if you have children or you just want to take it easy. Much of it runs along sugar creek. It can also be combined with trail #2 which I recently decided is my favorite at Turkey Run. Gypsy Gulch is beautiful and a must see. My four star rating is for trails 1 and 2 combined.