Tipsaw Lake Trail

Tipsaw Lake Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Leopold, IN that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail for a day hike

Nice trail, listed at 5.9 miles on map. Opportunity for water and restrooms at beach area in season. Trail follow a the road for a short time on the south side of the lake and you can hear the beach at a point or two on the trail. We met a pair of mountain bikers, but otherwise nobody else on the trail. There has been a fair amount of rain lately, so several wet and muddy spots where you will get your feet wet, but also a couple of places to filter water, if needed. I expect a couple of the streams have water except when it's really dry out. we parked at the beach and enjoyed a swim and picnic after the hike.

Hiked a day after rain so it was sloppy but totally worth it!

Hiked the lake on July 5, 2015 and it was messy muddy which made it that much more fun. A lot of obstacles to overcome with trees down across the trail which made it more challenging. It was awesome!

This was a nice trail just like all the other reviews suggest.The only thing that I didn't like was there was a lot of noise from beach area I like solitude and didn't get it here.

Excellent trail! Allow up to 2 hrs to hike this trail at a leisure pace. I love the view of the lake from the dam. We will definitely hike one again. Don't forget get to spray for ticks. I would rate this moderate on a difficulty scale.

Excellent camping near by, and a small lake with beach and swimming.

I enjoyed this hike, nice views of the lake and a few stream crossings.