Spring Mill Village Trail

Spring Mill Village Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mitchell, IN that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

It was well rocked and wide good running!

Lots of experience levels and choices. Trail 4 and 1 and through Pioneer Village was our main route. Trail 5 was flooded by lake water so we did a bit of a half and fourth!

Good trail... We took trail #4 from the parking lot. Went by two cool caves, the pioneer village, and monument that is 200 years old. Very cool trail. We went in February on a 45 degree day after it had snowed so was a muddy mess on the back side of the trail but other than that a lot of fun!

Nice and quaint trail that I've walked on since my childhood. It's always an enjoyable walk.

I've hiked Spring Mill on a few occassions (first time in 1989). The first time was with my parents and siblings and I have since taken my kids for a 4 day stay. Back in the 80's and 90's they had a program called "Mocassin Mile" which was led by a naturalist where they showed you the different plants and spoke of their uses/value. The Pioneer Garden is a great site and the living historians working at the Village are always helpful and full of nice tid bits about the history. Don't forget to grab a bag or 2 of the fresh ground corn meal...
My last trip was in June of 2010 but we have been planning another trip now that the youngest is 8. Don't forget to check out the caves if it is safe to do so during your trip.

Nice, easy trail with a cool walk through history at the village.

Many, Many trips on all the trails in the park. Well maintained and not too hard. Great place to stroll

clean and well marked. Great trail and you are able to enjoy what the parked is based around.

Hiked it Feb. 28, 2013. Cold day, but an enjoyable hike. Agree that it's a beautiful way to step into the past.

The trails are well marked and well kept. A beautiful chance to step into the past.