Schoen Creek Trail

Schoen Creek Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Indianapolis, IN that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.

This trail is primarily used for mountain biking but hiking is also allowed.

Great trail!

Just a heads up $7 to get in to the park to get to the trails

Storms this week so trees were down. They usually do a great job of getting them clear quickly. Lots of good ridges - a perfect mix of climbs and downhill.

Probably my favorite trail at the Fort. Lots of variety in the scenery. Web is right the trail is 3.5 miles long.

A great trail with varying elevations and a beautiful creek. Our maps recorded the full loop to be around 3.5-3.7 miles.

An enjoyable trail. Easy to follow. Would make for a great trail run.

I love this trail, and have hiked it more than a dozen times in the past few months! It's a shared trail with bikers going one way, so I hike it backwards so I can see any bikes that might be coming. Not too many bikers, though, because there are plenty of other bike trails in this park. Lots of twists and turns which makes hiking fun! This says that it is 2.7 miles, but my GPS consistently says 3.3 miles.

This was a good hike for my daughter and I. It winds through wetlands and woods and was cool despite the outdoor warmth. It was mostly dry with only 1 unexpected muddy area. We saw lots of nature on the trail - 2 deer, chipmunks, birds, blue heron and squirrels. There were also a variety of fern species not found in other parts of the park. It is narrow so you have to hike single file and keep an ear out for bikers since it is a shared trail. It would be too dangerous to hike with headphones on due to the speed the bikers can get on this trail.

I hiked this with a friend on Mar. 22, 2013; we saw only one other hiker, which could be due to the muddy condition of the trail and signs that said closed because of mud. We went anyway and did get a little muddy. The trail winds around through woods, and might not have been such a good thing for hikers if it had been dry with mountain bikers in action. It's a narrow trail so we had to walk single file. A bonus was that we saw five deer.