Rangeline Nature Preserve

Rangeline Nature Preserve is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Anderson, IN that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

RNP has 3 loops; Novice, Intermediate, and Expert. Novice is smooth, fast, and flowing. Intermediate is narrow with a few natural obstacles. Expert is tighter, slower, and loaded with obtacles such as suspension bridge, elevated trail, gap jump, teeter totter, etc. All trails are single track and one direction (counterclockwise like a racetrack).
Novice = 2miles
Intermediate = 3.2miles
Expert = 6.4miles
Complete info here:

Great place to hike. Lots of up and down and cute bridges for bikers that are kind of fun. Bring a walking stick lots of steep down hills.

Fairly rugged hike. Very nice wooded trail with many ups and downs. Two deer had their naps interrupted.

It's more for bikes. A lot of up and down hills. Perfect to bike but pretty hard and kind of dangerous on foot. We almost got run over by a bike one time. We were the only hikers. GREAT WORKOUT that's for sure!!!

Very neat trial. Makes me want to get a mountain bike.

Just did the beginner trail today because my 10 year old was with us and this was his first time mountain biking. We all loved it and are looking forward to going back on a cooler day to do more.

This trail was fun for me to hike... I took the first few 'expert' trails on the loop and it definitely got my heart pumping with going up and down. I'll be back to tackle all of the expert trails on the loop.

Technical, fun, long. Great trail. I would recommend new riders stick to the beginner and intermediate trails to avoid walking a lot of sections.

The place is great, but over the years it's becoming very neglected and becoming less enjoyable.

This is a great trail for mountain biking but not so much for hiking. it felt more like an obstacle course with steep inclines, declines and bike ramps plus the length is just over 6 miles if you take the expert route. it was a nice workout but not very scenic. and don't forget the bug spray, the mosquitos are atrocious.

Fantastic trails here for everyone. There are 3 different loops, or branches off the loop, for the different skill levels. There are beginner, intermediate, and expert trails. The beginner trail is a loop with nice rolling hills and a couple quick ups but nothing really challenging. The intermediate adds some more hills and a few man made features but is still fairly easy if you have been mountain biking for very long but the expert trail is absolutely awesome! It has many man made features, gap jumps, about an 8' drop if done correctly or 14' if you overshoot the landing! There are many plank bridges that have an unforgiving fall if you don't make it, and other very challenging obstacles. Not a trail for the inexperienced or faint at heart!

My mom and I took a hybrid of the intermediate and expert paths and found it a great place for a hike! Lots of birds to find and listen to! Wish we would have brought our dog!

Love this single track real fun and challenging and there is a tree that will get most of the aggressive riders I've nailed my shoulder on it several times

This is a great loop for mountain biking in the Muncie/Anderson area