Peninsula Trail

Peninsula Trail is a 9.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bloomington, IN that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

beach

Grubb Ridge Loop Parking

beautiful

very popular spot but the people are great everybody was quiet and respectful gorgeous views and a stunning hike.

I would definitely consider this an easy trail an experienced hiker. A great hike for training, or people new to hiking. Very well marked,Well maintained trails! It took us about a smidge over 2 hrs one way. A good day hike, but also great for camping. If you want a spot near the lake..... you better get moving early.... Especially on the weekend! There was A lot of traffic today....mostly people camping. Some pretty views! We will definitely do this one again.

About a 3 hour hike to the lake. Not a whole lot of dramatic scenery, but does include diverse trees including beautiful tall pines. Camping was a little crowded on the shore even in late September, but spots can be found. Great first hike and camping trip with my daughter - wish there was more scenary in route. Saw no wildlife. Will do again!

Probably one of the best overnight trips I've been on in a while. Weather was perfect, trail conditions were perfect, campsite and view was perfect! Meet some cool folks as well!

love this trail

We used this to train for a hike coming up in August and added a few other trails in the wilderness but ended up camping at the tip of the peninsula. It was a very well maintained trail with good elevation changes for training. Beautiful spot to camp! I would highly recommend it!

Beautiful.

Hiked Peninsula Trail with our dog in mid-June. The trail is very easy to follow, and there are many side footpaths that bypass the muddy areas. I had been worried about running into aggressive, off-leash dogs, but every other dog we met was well-behaved, leashed, or under control if off-leash. The lake and shoreline are quite beautiful, and make for a great end-of-hike destination. There was a bit of trash at the established campsites and along the shoreline at the tip of the peninsula, so it might be worth it to hike around and look for a nicer spot. If I were to do it again, I might add portions of the adjoining trails to make the hike a little longer.

Bit muddy in spots. Lots of side trails to get around the muck. But once you reach the lake it is all worth it!!

It was really enjoyable. My only complaint was some of the bypass trails were now being used for the horses.

Although there are fewer horses on this trail than the Grubb loop, it's still pretty pock marked and muddy. Well maintained toward the end and results in terrific campsites on the lake. Can get pretty crowded if you don't get to a site early on the lake.

It was fantastic! The only bad thing was lots of acorns on the ground.

I hiked in with my dog, camped overnight at the lake and returned.

Pros:
Just the right amount of elevation changes
Beautiful trail through dense pine groves
Views of lake Monroe
Trail ends in water
Campsites available at trail end

Cons:
Trail muddy and lumpy in many places due to horse traffic
Piles of horse dung all along trail
Trash on trail
Many detors to avoid trail destroyed by horses
Not well marked

Hike itself is somewhat short and underwhelming, good for beginner or just to camp,,However the campsites by the Lake are pretty nice,I would go back just for the camping, view from firetower and some miles,maybe I will try Fall and Winter.