Merry Lea Environmental Center

Merry Lea Environmental Center is a 4.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Albion, IN that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

4.4 miles Loop

Very easy wide trails, well maintained. Marked well & trail maps available at each trail head, but seriously don't think you could get lost here!

I parked at the south section, which was a good move as the bridges to both the other areas w parking were roped off. Not sure why- possibly flooded areas?

Very marshy in some areas- up to my shoes in water at some points. Many of the swampy parts have boardwalks. Wetlands are well maintained so mosquitoes aren't as bad as nature preserves!

Great variety of water features and trees. Saw quite a fair amount of wildlife. A highlight was a pair of green herons. (Try the hide off Onion Swamp)

Trail maps says mileage more than this site lists. Didn't find pit toilets like website (theirs) had listed. (Didn't walk entire property due to bridges being closed)

I always hike w my dog & found the wording on their site off putting, but decided to try it anyway. We always clean up after them & hike on leashes. He seemed to enjoy the hike as much as I did!