Lawrence Creek Trail

Lawrence Creek Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Indianapolis, Indiana that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lawrence Creek Trail at Fort Harrison State Park Indiana is located near Indianapolis, Indiana. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail is quite windy which is good but there is a section that isn't marked well and I'm pretty sure I crossed over into another trail.

Loved hiking along the creeks and ravines . I would have liked this trail better if it wasn't for the Mountain Bikers. They were all very courteous and respectful , but just had me looking over my shoulder to see if they were coming . It was a 4 mile hike

Just a heads up $7 per car to get in to the park

Nice trail

favorite trail at the fort. just keep a heads up for bikers. but the terrain is great and actually gives the feeling that you might not be just outside of a big city. my dog loved it.

This is a great trail. I love all four trails at the Fort. I run out here all the time. Just an FYI the trail is actually 4 miles long.

Nice trail. As others said there are bikers and runners. Its a moderate trail with many muddy areas so be prepared.

Great trail to walk. Some bikers so, you have stop and let them pass. This trail was not easy trail for us even though we are experience hiker. I will rate as moderate trail.

I love hiking this trail. It's true, there are a lot of bikers to step aside for, but it doesn't bother me too much. It's a beautifully wooded hiking trail.

Pretty good trail. There are a lot of biker so just keep an eye and an ear out for them. Its really beautiful in the spring and summer when the wildflowers are out. The fall is gorgeous too because its a wooded trail. I usually see one or two deer and have seen a lot of fawns which is always cool. The animals are not skittish and Ft Ben Harrison.

Good for 7 to 10 Year olds with me.

This trail seems to be primarily a mountain biking trail. It is a nice hike with many large trees. Since it is a bike path there are many turns and it winds around a lot of bends. I recommend the Fall Creek trail in Fort Harrison State Park for hiking over this trail.

Usual go to place because near by. Excellent for dog walking as the creek is readily accessible in several areas.

Another quality trail in the Indianapolis Area. Bikers, runners and hikers seemed to sharing the trail and enjoying an incredible spring day.

Very sloppy and torn up from the snow, rain, and mountain bikes but still a lot of fun. I definitely need to come back with a bike next time.

We really like this trail, in the fall especially. During the spring season it is usually wet and muddy in the lower basin.

My husband and I are new to mtb and tried this trail out for tree first time today. It's marked well and even during peek traffic times we found ourselves tested with rocky dips, logs (some cut out {thank God!}), boulders, steep ledges, but mostly clear paths. There are a few narrow paths squeezed by vegetation and plenty of ups and downs. We loved it and are happy we live nearby.

Very nice multiuse trail at Fort Harrison. It was rerouted in 2012 and though the park maps are not up to date, it is well marked and easy to navigate. Mild elevation gains and losses with enough terrain variation and creeks to make it interesting. Fair bike use but less than other trails.

We have hiked this trail several times during Fall 2012 with our baby in a carrier. Although it is a multi-use trail (hiking and mountain biking), it is one of our favorites at Fort Harrison to hike. It was recently rerouted so when we went in the fall part of the trail was difficult to follow, and we ended up exiting the trail at another trailhead and walking back to our car via the road. However, we have since completed the entire loop. The trail winds through the forest, over tiny creeks, and has just enough gentle ups and downs to keep it interesting. As I mentioned it is also used for mountain biking so at times we had to stand off trail to let cyclists pass.