Kokiwanee Nature Preserve Trail

Kokiwanee Nature Preserve Trail is a 2.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Lagro, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This 5 mile loop in Kokiwanee Nature Preserve is a pleasant escape. With multiple trails to make your adventure as long or short as you choose. The highlight of your adventure is a stop at Kissing Falls in the southeast corner of the preserve.

Is a great place to visit with my family. The big shelter along the river will allow for summer picnics. We will definitely be back.

The Kokiwanee Trails are mostly easy but worth the visit. There are waterfalls, a lake and a river. I always see eagles along the river. Kokiwanee is great for dogs too. I suggest taking the time if you are looking for a peaceful experience.

Loved it! I enjoyed seeing the outbuildings of sorts though dilapidated. Also nice overlooking the Salamonie River. think I would love to come back even with a little bit of snow on the ground it would be beautiful.

Wonderful scenery! Very well maintained and open trails.

Complete this scenic hike in an afternoon. We backpacked into the campsite along Bloodroot Trail, and the next morning drove to the Kokiwannee trail head. A lot to explore despite only being a few hundred acres. Trail as marked on AllTrails is incomplete. Go to the ACRES Landtrust website to get an accurate map. I would like to try it again at the height of spring wildflowers.

Lots of cool trails here. Most trails are fairly easy. I like the trails following the river the best. Lots of small waterfalls and cliffs.

I love it here! Great rugged trails, far more then what's listed on this map! What beautiful views! If your looking for a nice walk in the woods this is a great place to start!

This trail map shown here is NOT accurate. There are many trails that are not shown and a total of around 5 miles. Not 1.4 m. Someone with Pro access needs to up-date this map. We recommend everyone to hike this trail system, it is a nice moderate hike and beautiful, rugged along the river. We loved it !

Super easy route. Nice trail. Would be good for cross country skiing

I have been hiking and camping across the river from this preserve at the Salamonie River State Forest for years and never knew this place existed. Very nice and quiet hike with good views of the rivers and several small waterfalls. There are many intersecting trails which got confusing, and resulted in some wrong turns but I will definitely come back when I have more time to spend.

Nice park with lots of trails. Some of the trails have fallen trees in the pathway. Lots of scenery to see including waterfalls and ponds. Still lots of bugs and easy to get lots with all the splitting trails. Would do it again.

Me and my wife had a photographer follow us down to these trails for our engagement pictures. There are at least three nice waterfalls on this trail. If you go to the boat ramp here is a big waterfall on your left if you venture up the trail.