France Park

France Park is a 1.4 mile out and back trail located near Logansport, Indiana and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

beach

beautiful views

Beautiful views of the quarry and fishing lake. Primitive campground quite serene. Small beach at the quarry would be awesome for a family with little kids.

Nice pleasant hike with a beautiful view from atop the cliff overlooking the quarry lake. Unfortunately, though the main trails are well maintained, there are many intersecting trails with virtually no markers making it a bit of a challenge to navigate. Other than that not bad.

I took my dog and a young family friend. The trails were perfect with enough interest for a 12 year old not to get bored or too tired! We will definitely be going back!

We use these mostly for training because it is close, but I think this is one of the most under appreciated areas around.We enjoy hiking, biking and camping year round.the trails can be tricky to find but worth the search.

I Was Introduced To This Beautiful Park When I Was A Young Child And Have Been Going Back Several Times A Year Ever Since. The Scenery Is Top Notch And Extremely Out Of Place For The Area Which Makes It That Much More Of A Desirable Place To Frequent. The Trails Are Easier To Hike Than They Are To Grunt Through On A Mountain Bike But Either Are Awesome! Large Cliffs That OverLook A Crystal Clear Lake, Waterfalls, Scuba Diving, Swimming, Fishing, Biking, Hiking, RV Camping, Primitive Camping, Nature Viewing, Horseback Riding, And More Are What Is In Store For All Ages At This Unique Park.

My two kids and I hiked the France Park Trails on National Trails Day 2013. These trails were well maintained and included several beautiful vistas and points of interest. We particularly liked the very large and somewhat ominous looking sturgeon that swam in the crystal waters of a magnificent old abandoned quarry. There were also deer, chipmunk, snails, butterflies, and yes, snakes. Couple of minor drawback...the trailheads were not well marked, and the park trail map is too general to be much use. These trails are inside France park, which is a sort of rebuilt resort of the 50's that includes a secluded beach, mini golf and camping. The place is still well maintained, and the staff seemed friendly.