Fox Island Park

Fox Island Park is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Fort Wayne, IN and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible from May until November.

3.4 miles Loop

I've only been to this trail once, but I loved walking in and seeing a dog unleashed flying into the lake for his ball. Need more places to take dogs and allow them to be free since not all of us live in the country. The trails are pretty easy and short, which is a good thing I guess to some people.

Easy trail. Not bad for being so close to downtown. Saw a few snakes and frogs. Surprisingly not many birds. I'd do it again.

did this in april. it's a good nearby hike. the whole loop is closer to 8 miles. although parts were close to impassable due to high water. all in all a good hike.

A favorite little gem. Great spot to bring the kiddos to expose them to the joy of hiking. Got to sneak in a December hike thanks to some unseasonably warm weather!

Great little gem so close to the city! Summer great hiking (our dog loves it too) and the winter provides some freak cross country skiing or snowshoeing!

I had been avoiding this spot for sometime. I had just assumed that it was flat and lame. I was pleasantly surprised.

This is a great little hike so close to Fort Wayne.

There is a winter hiking trail that seems to circle the entire park. It appears that it becomes over grown with grass and weeds in the summer.

The trails are excellently maintained. And plenty of signage at every junction.

We encountered a lot of wild life.

Do know that it is $2 /person. But I say it's worth it to help maintain this beautiful preserve.

Fun local spot for the kids and a little hiking.