Bicentennial Woods Eagle Trail

Bicentennial Woods Eagle Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Huntertown, IN that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

This trail is a nice hike with two small loops. This is nice if you have a four legged hiking buddy, who likes to take a poop about ten minutes in to the hike because it gives you the opportunity to take it back to the car so you don't have to carry it the entire time. Overall, this has been my favorite short hike in the fort wayne area.

This is a wonderful hike, however parking is terrible. There is only room for two cars to park.

Nice to hike and away from the city noise.

I took my daughters with me... the parking was my only complaint.. but other than that we loved it! it was nice to see other ppl there too..

overall great looping trail. poor parking situation. beautiful. defined paths. saw a family of deer. some trails ran along side a river. lots of possible on the trail

Fun trail, relatively clean cut trails are very easy to follow, good views along the creek. Great trail for walking dogs. Simple enough for whole family but enjoyable for any level of hiker.

Nice hiking trail

Very peaceful and quite

I had a wonderful time. And I enjoyed the peace and quiet that I really needed.

Trails are in good condition

Mosquitoes are unbearable. If you try this definitely bring spray. Trail is wet il and slippery in spots. Could not find a way to get to the large bridge to cross. Hopefully nicer once it dries out.

This is a beautiful trail set. Unfortunately recent weather has made mosquitoes horrid & there were many trees down across the trail plus a bridge out. Look forward to visiting in more favorable conditions! I'd love to know ages on some the larger trees that look quite well established! There are several others ACRES preserves close by also.

Great scenic trail- needs a little maintaining in places.

great short hike! Took my dog with me...she loved it! Very pretty scenery along the river

Very nice. I loved the hilly terrain and the peaceful sounds of the creek nearby. I can't wait to bring my dog here.

Date - Sunday, May 20, 2012
Total Distance - 1.59 miles
Maximum Speed - 5.84 mph
Average Speed - 1.70 mph
Walking Time - 40:06 minutes
Total Time - 56:00 minutes
Minimum Elevation - 689 ft
Maximum Elevation - 786 ft

This trail was listed in my Hiking Indiana Falcon Guide. Located at Bicentennial Woods near Huntertown, Indiana. From Van Wert, Ohio it was 52 miles. This woods is 8 miles north of Ft. Wayne, Indiana. There are several trails here on 80 acres. We walked approximately half of the Dogwood Trail until it connected with the Eagle Trail, then most of Eagle Trail, with a couple side trails in between. This is a beautiful area with lots of large trees. Would like to go back sometime and walk the areas we missed today. Saw lots and lots of squirrels. One even jumped out at me. Rich even saw a snake scuttle away into the bushes.

Beautiful land, always well maintained.