Charlestown State Park #6 Trail

Charlestown State Park #6 Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Charlestown, Indiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

decent trail not hard all trails in park are fair or better

I hiked all of these park trails in one day and this one was my favorite.

The waterfalls were absolutely the best part of the trail and well worth the hike. We went at a time the water was really low and I can only imagine how much more beautiful it is when fuller. The last part of the trail after the second bridge was disappointing for a couple of reasons. One was the smell; which I realize may not be there all the time but it was a terrible odor to withstand. The second was the pavement; which I realize may not matter to some but I like true earth under my feet when hiking. My 8 year old son enjoyed it as well and it was an easy hike for him to maneuver. The ranger was the most friendly and informative of all the parks I've been to.

Great hike along the Ohio River.

Nice variety of terrain. Favorite trail at Charlestown State Park.

A short hike that has everything!

My favorite of all the trails.

love this trail! lots to explore!

Hiked this one after doing #3 and #7. Liked this trail especially the parts going up and down the ridge. Great views of the river but walking the last quarter or half mile on the road is kind of a let down. Other than that minor flaw, great trail! Cool water falls too!

This is a great short hike for families. It's good in all seasons but the views of the river during the winter are awesome.

Great hike!

One of our favorite short hikes in the Indiana area.