Waterfall Glen Trail

Waterfall Glen Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Willowbrook, IL that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I've going here for years- it never looks exactly the same as the seasons change- stunning.

But bikers please- follow the rules and SLOW DOWN when you approach people and allow them space- you are not alone on the trail. There's nothing more annoying than a biker traveling way to fast screaming at people to get out the way.

Very easy trail to follow, the path is on limestone so I rode my mountain bike afraid of my road tires slipping. Bathrooms are alright, no doors so a little awkward, even a picnic area! Great workout for the legs because of the elevation.

I find myself in a predicament feeling like I'm rating two different locations with this place. If you take the trail backwards from the trail head towards the waterfall, yes THE waterfall, don't let the name fool you, there's only one I found on the main trail, it's a very beautifully canopied trail, and the waterfall is.. cute. That being said, a major portion of this trail is on gravel going through a prairie. I'm not an expert so I should be easy to please, but I was very unimpressed with this trail if I'm being honest. It seemed to be a real hotspot for cyclists which makes complete sense, but for hiking, I just don't see it as being a great destination.

All in all, I'd say check it out for yourself because one person's experience doesn't trump another's.

Awesome trail! We went this Thursday day and it was lovely. Not crowded at all and everyone we came across was friendly! The main trail is really well marked! The waterfall is small and the drinking water pump tastes like rust but otherwise we had a blast! Noticed there were loads of offshoots that are begging to be explored so I'd happily go back!

Awesome! I'll make a benchmark time next Saturday and return once a month to gauge improvement. Loved it a lot.

This is an excellent "mixed-use" trail, though it seems to primarily belong to distance runners. I rather enjoy it on my bike. One reviewer claimed it is poor for hiking. She evidently didn't do her homework on W.G., or stumbled off the trail and ingested wild mushrooms (leading to her rather "tripped-out" experience/review). It's a walking trail - not a hiking trail. Make sure if you walk, you are well-coated in insect repellent, otherwise you'll get hammered. It's an EXCELLENT bike path with great runs (counterclockwise). The limestone surface is in good condition. It's a beautiful place, truly. I'm miffed by the negative reviews.

Nice Scenery, took forever to walk the whole loop with my aussie, clean trails. not crowded at all on a weekday. Falls were cute.

rock climbing

Steamy

Yes. If you go on a holiday weekend it will be crowded. Otherwise it is one of the best biking trails around. Long. Challenging. Also peaceful and beautiful.

This place is for people who think they like hiking but really don't. It's a sidewalk, heavily crowded, and hardly should be classified as a "nature" preserve.

Great escape from the city, with a little waterfall in the middle.

Wonderful scenic trail

Pretty great trail for running. Definitely will get your hill training in. Crushed limestone is easy to run on. Word of advice: if you want a difficult run, go clockwise; for a little easier run, go counter clockwise.

Only downfall is the copious amounts of people, especially bikers. Have to watch out for kids going downhill.

The trails not close to the waterfall are okay to hike for exercise but the waterfall is basically a free swimming pool. Way too many people everywhere. You really can't escape them to even enjoy the nature.

Tremendously boring and disappointing. NOT HIKING at all. You could drive a truck through every trail at this place. It is an overly sterilized, censored, and unnatural attempt at a nature preserve. The trails could possibly make for a decent bike ride but I would absolutely not recommend this place for anyone looking for a thrilling, captivating, or even mildly interesting hike.

10 miles - jogged/walked great workout