Waterfall Glen Trail

Waterfall Glen Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Willowbrook, IL that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The orienteering / compass courses are very enjoyable.

fun, long tail great for hiking, cross country skiing and sing equestrian trails also

This is great for a walking trail (not hiking). We went with our dog and had a nice stroll. The offshoots from the trail are nice and we got to explore a part of the river. It was fairly crowded on a beautiful Sunday late morning. The trail is flat or paved and wide on the main stretch to the falls at least (we didn't do the entire loop).

Love this trail. Lots of in-woods paths as well as paved ones too. Not suited for biking but casual hikers. Parking is on the side of the road and not marked anywhere for entrance into the preserve. Beautiful waterfall and easy to drive to as it's just south of 55 on Cass Ave.

I have mixed emotions about this trail. I enjoyed some of it and other parts of it bored me. I think it will be better once they finish restoring the prairie. I would did the full loop starting at the trailhead. Next them I would probably go from the trailhead to the waterfall and then back. Which would still be a decent distance and would include my favorite part of the trail. Typically I enjoy more of a "nature" experience but so many people raved about this place I had to check it out. I still enjoyed myself and my legs got decent workout and was able to see 7 wood ducks which made the whole 10 miles worthwhile. I'm interested to see what the little offshoots of the main trail are all about so I might be back in the spring. Definitely a good place to take a bike ride.

awesome. plenty of people and a nice trail path.

I've been going here for years- it never looks exactly the same as the seasons change- stunning.

But bikers please- follow the rules and SLOW DOWN when you approach people and allow them space- you are not alone on the trail. There's nothing more annoying than a biker traveling way to fast screaming at people to get out the way.

Very easy trail to follow, the path is on limestone so I rode my mountain bike afraid of my road tires slipping. Bathrooms are alright, no doors so a little awkward, even a picnic area! Great workout for the legs because of the elevation.

I find myself in a predicament feeling like I'm rating two different locations with this place. If you take the trail backwards from the trail head towards the waterfall, yes THE waterfall, don't let the name fool you, there's only one I found on the main trail, it's a very beautifully canopied trail, and the waterfall is.. cute. That being said, a major portion of this trail is on gravel going through a prairie. I'm not an expert so I should be easy to please, but I was very unimpressed with this trail if I'm being honest. It seemed to be a real hotspot for cyclists which makes complete sense, but for hiking, I just don't see it as being a great destination.

All in all, I'd say check it out for yourself because one person's experience doesn't trump another's.

Awesome trail! We went this Thursday day and it was lovely. Not crowded at all and everyone we came across was friendly! The main trail is really well marked! The waterfall is small and the drinking water pump tastes like rust but otherwise we had a blast! Noticed there were loads of offshoots that are begging to be explored so I'd happily go back!

Awesome! I'll make a benchmark time next Saturday and return once a month to gauge improvement. Loved it a lot.

This is an excellent "mixed-use" trail, though it seems to primarily belong to distance runners. I rather enjoy it on my bike. One reviewer claimed it is poor for hiking. She evidently didn't do her homework on W.G., or stumbled off the trail and ingested wild mushrooms (leading to her rather "tripped-out" experience/review). It's a walking trail - not a hiking trail. Make sure if you walk, you are well-coated in insect repellent, otherwise you'll get hammered. It's an EXCELLENT bike path with great runs (counterclockwise). The limestone surface is in good condition. It's a beautiful place, truly. I'm miffed by the negative reviews.

Nice Scenery, took forever to walk the whole loop with my aussie, clean trails. not crowded at all on a weekday. Falls were cute.

rock climbing

Steamy

Yes. If you go on a holiday weekend it will be crowded. Otherwise it is one of the best biking trails around. Long. Challenging. Also peaceful and beautiful.

This place is for people who think they like hiking but really don't. It's a sidewalk, heavily crowded, and hardly should be classified as a "nature" preserve.

Great escape from the city, with a little waterfall in the middle.