Wake Robin Trail

Wake Robin Trail is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Peoria Heights, IL that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

Trail was well maintained, and there was a lot of wildlife compared to others in the area. The trail was hilly and the map was easy to follow. Make sure to stop by the nature center beforehand and pick up a map. It was definitely a moderate hike and I would recommend it to anybody!

I would say this is a moderate trail compared to other trails I've hiked but probably the most difficult within Forest Park.

There are a few ways to access it, and we accessed by hiking up Bee Trail and then turning onto Wake Robin. Took a couple hours with some stops for hydrating and photo-taking. Would love to also try this trail in the fall!

Great for all to enjoy :)

This is my favorite trail in the Peoria area. It encompasses four hills steep enough to get your heart rate up and long enough for a good workout. I enjoy this trail summer and winter.