Tekakwitha - Fox River Hike

Tekakwitha - Fox River Hike is a 1.2 mile loop trail located near St Charles, IL and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Decent little hike. Very short and easy.

Beautiful in autumn! A lot of bikers, but they are accommodating and share the trail once you get out of the woods and hit the bike path. Very serene with the river on one side and train tracks on the other. Love this trail, highly recommend.

Tekakwitha is a good place to hike with the heavy forest canopy, ravines, and the river. The trails are NOT MARKED. The purpose of the trip was to allow my spouse to take pictures for her photography class. There were great shots to be had of the heron and egret on the river. But we could have done better if we knew how the trails wound through the area. I didn't bother with my Garmin and the smartphone could not get a decent GPS lock under the canopy. So this is a four star hike if you don't mind getting lost or are prepared with a good GPS.

I went on sat-late afternoon on the trail with the steep hill. The hill was a fun challenge but as I headed towards south elgin, riding by myself, it felt unsafe so I turned around and came back. Coincidentally , a nice older man on the trail then said"its probably not a safe for a girl like you on certain parts of this trail...maybe if you ride here in the morning instead." :/

All in all I much preferred the ride along the fox river.

Short and friendly. Nice diverse scenery with woods, nearby houses, a couple bridges and some wildlife. Well connected to other opportunities for hiking and jogging.

Nice by the river. The fish were extremely active. Trail could be marked a little better

Good trails in the ravines by the river, good for a quick hike in the woods.

I liked it. It whould be a grat place to bring children to. And the lighting though the trees is absoultly fantastic. a few hills and some felids. I go on this trail very often and i see deer about 2/3 of the times i go there. I usally see them when i follow the trail behind the McGurie house. Very Fun!!!