Silver Springs State Park Loop

Silver Springs State Park Loop is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Yorkville, IL that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

Nice place to hike with scenic views of the river. A few hilly areas, but mostly level gravel/dirt paths.

This is by far one of my favorite parks in the area. If you go around sunset (8ish around this time of year) you're bound to get some beautiful pictures! The hikes at Silver Springs are always very easy but we always manage to get attacked by mosquitos so make sure you don't forget the bug spray like I always do!

Nice and easy trails, beautiful place. I fished the main lake, bluegill galore and i could see many bass hunting but couldn't get any. A few lakes dot the area and seen fisherman at each one. The main lake has a small shack they sell bait and concessions, even rent kayaks.

Nice little park to walk in I use it for throwing my backpack on and getting some practice in. Mostly level trails a few up and downs in wooded area along interior road, go early to catch sunrise over Loon Lake .

Love Shabbona St Pk and everything in it...the Lake with its great Muskie and Walleye fishing and the trail that goes around the lake nice and easy and dog friendly too

Nice place to hike. Beautiful scenery. Easy trails to hike but they are not marked very well so you have to guess sometimes to see if you are going the right way.

Diverse atmosphere here...a few little lakes w/ paddle boats and serious fishermen; flat trail right along Fox River; dirt paths through prairie meadows, and a couple rocky/rooty hills that are slippery when wet and very steep. Not a very huge park, so if you get caught on a trail that's not your cup of tea, it's easy to change course. I go here when I just want a good walk in the woods, away from the maddening crowd. Planning to come back to try some Catch n Release fishing. We saw a guy fly- fishing there last month, and he was hauling them in! Fascinating to sit and watch from the dock or benches around lake. There is a "bait shop/snack shop", but I've never seen it open-so hours must be very limited due to state funding cuts?