Silver Lake Boy Scout Trail

Silver Lake Boy Scout Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Highland, IL that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

4.5 mile, well maintained, out & back trail through the woods following along Highland's Silver Lake. The trail runs North into I-70 where it loops back around into the original trail back.

Good path with decent scenery. The loop at the end can be a little tricky and muddy, it looks less travelled so I'm guessing most people just turn around on the trail rather than following the loop. I do these with my fairly adventurous 7 year olds and they liked the bridges and a couple scattered obstacles.

Needs a little maintenance, but overall a nice trail.

A beautiful view the whole way. Easy to find and follow. Didn't make it all the way because of a high creek and boards that didn't cut it to get across, but still enjoyed it!

few deadfalls, otherwise in good condition

Very nice, well maintained (except where a tree decimated part of what looks like it used to be a seasonal bridge (when it floods). They have done well on this trail. Maybe in the future they can extend it around the whole lake!

it was pretty easy. I loves it though it was a nice walk through the woods and saw some nice views. pretty quiet. unfortunately it had rained pretty hard the day before so it was kinda muddy.

For a trail in this area, it was awesome. None of the trails were closed, which is apparently very common around here. Not a hard trail by any means, but a nice walk.

Much harder than expected; we mountain bikes. We did it after heavy rains and roots and bridges were very slippery. The trail was also a bit overgrown, and trees were fallen over the path causing us to carry our bikes over them. Would be great to bike in dry conditions, after it has been maintained. Probably pretty good for hiking as long as you aren't afraid to get shoes wet/muddy.

I am just getting back into the groove of hiking and this trail was a bit slick but I would have labeled this a moderate trail. BEAUTIFUL walk, however dangerous with a dog on the leash. Trail was extremely thin in some places. It could be bad for people with a fear of hights. If you aren't afraid of a 4-6ft drop into the lake you're good.

Nice trail. Could use a little maintenance on some of the crossings. Would be nice if there was a sign at the entrance of the park stating which way to the trail. I did like the view of the lake, the forested areas were nice. And there are fake geese and ducks in the water. Overall nice, glad I did it.

Good trail.

Nice hike along the lake. Nothing extra-ordinary.

Nice accessible trail with good views in winter of Silver Lake. Good opportunity for birding. Trail is shared by hunters, runners, mountain bikers and hikers.

Great trail .... Next time I will bring my fishing pole and hit a few spots. I hiked it by myself and enjoyed myself a lot, wish it would have been a little longer.

this trail was great. hiked this trail with my wife and kids (10 & 6) & had alot of fun. nice long trail, rear half seems to be less traveled