Rocky Bluff Trail

Rocky Bluff Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Carbondale, IL that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Fun trail for the family with only a couple slippery spots.

great trail but you do need a sticker for crab orchid

Great trail! was well defined

Great little trail, the only portion that was overgrown was the shortcut trail. The main loop was well cleared.

Very scenic, but overgrown, hope you aren't allergic to poison ivy!

My 7 year old and I enjoy this trail! Also trail run it sometimes and can connect to the wild turkey trail to add some distance.

The trail is a bit unkept. I would not recommend this trail if you have small children that are going to accompany you. Especially if you are going to walk the trail backwards (This was something my friend and I did) We ended up accidentally leaving the trail and following a (what we thought was a trail) but only ended up being a little road way that authorized vehicles where allowed on.
Besides that whole getting lost thing, I have to say it was a really fun trail. I would recumbent this trail to experienced hikers! Bring a bottle of water with you!

Love this trail. One of my first trails and waterfalls. I fell in love and go back every chance I get. Trail fairly easy and quick. Some steep terrain but nothing too difficult for most.

Good hike. Nice view every step

Great little trail, Just my wife's style, not steep easy grade changes and a couple benches to relax on and small bridges. Take the kids trail.

Good stuff. A little steep here and there but nothing too bad

Construction has been completed on this trail. Very nice boardwalks and stairs. Trails are clear. Great area for taking a walk or trail running.

I liked the trail, it is currently under construction though, so the mileage is a bit off. I'm sure they will update the maps and re calculate the mileage when finished.