Rock Cut State Park

Rock Cut State Park is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Loves Park, IL and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible from June until October.

First week of October hiking with a group of friends. We're all "city slickers",but really enjoy nature walks frequently.
I've hiked and done some exploring through Colorado, so I'm no stranger to traversing through nature!
This was a pleasant jaunt. We hiked about 5 miles out and a little off the track/trail. REALLY EASY trail, mostly flat with a few twists and turns.
Wear protection: light jacket, sunscreen, BUG SPRAY..as well as water, snacks and the like.
You'll enjoy!

love this park on

Our family really enjoys this state park:)
The lake is awesome- huge and a very long hike if you want to go around it.
The swimming beach is small but decently kept up.
The only reservation about the trails are some are poorly marked on the map and kinda overgrown. Bring a compass and friends. Other than that, still very peaceful and worth your time.

really beautiful walk in the woods and around the lake. lots of quiet picnic nooks along the way. I wish we had planned ahead and brought a basket!

Nice hike along the lake. Somewhat easy.

Lived in area all my life. First time I rode here. Nice trails. Love the single track crossing the creek. Sweet. I'll be back, a lot more trails to ride. 18 miles today.

Is a nice place to go a lot of people discussing bathrooms personally will never go back again

Very nice after the last snowfall . Only did part of the lake trail. Got to come back to explore the other areas.

did the hiking trail around the lake. parts of it are not marked well. But was a great hike.

nice hiking and fishing great family fun

some good tec stuff tons of dif trails to ride all the single paths are fun They even have some nice blacktop trails for people that like that . The park office don't have any good maps so download one off there web sight if u need a map

We walked the trail around the lake, most areas were nice, but not recommended on a bike. very narrow and not easy to manover a bike through. trails could have been marked better.

Awesome!

For Northern IL, this is a great hike/ride. Nice trails! even some challenges along the way. I really enjoyed my time here. Some nice open parts also. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because your are right next to the high way at one point and that can be annoying to some people.

I think there are more than 10mi worth of trails at this park. There is a good mix of trails for both beginners and technical riders. Plus if you like to camp and kayak it is ideal. Yes excellent for Illinois.

Great trails for northern IL. There are tons of different trails so you could ride a different trail each day. Great cardio and some fun semi-technical areas.