Moraine Hills State Park Trail

Moraine Hills State Park Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near McHenry, Illinois that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and mountain biking.

3.2 miles Leatherleaf Bog trail

My favorite trail in area!

Good signage, 3 loops including dam offering variety of distances.

Every season is beautiful, check it out you won't be disappointed!

Nice trail. Did 6-7 miles. Paved and crushed limestone. Not too many hills, and great for biking, walking. Not necessarily a "hike".

Had a great time. We have two reactive dogs, but were able to go out on the Kettle Woods loop (3.74 miles) and did not encounter a single other dog. Walked past quite a few people and there were some creepy single men hanging around, if you catch my drift, but I almost feel like that happens at any park anymore. All in all a beautiful park!

I enjoyed walking in on the boardwalk! I have been here several times, although it has been several years since the last time i was there. Once I was there in spring and teeny frogs were hopping all across the trail!

I enjoy riding my bike here because the trails are wide and often paved. Much of the mileage is out in the open so a summer day can be a scorcher in the direct sun. Runners who prefer roads should be comfortable on these trails. Mostly wetland views.

This park is very nice. I didn't see very many birds but the scenery was beautiful