Moraine Hills State Park Trail

Moraine Hills State Park Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near McHenry, IL that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and mountain biking.

3.2 miles Leatherleaf Bog trail

My favorite trail in area!

Good signage, 3 loops including dam offering variety of distances.

Every season is beautiful, check it out you won't be disappointed!

Nice trail. Did 6-7 miles. Paved and crushed limestone. Not too many hills, and great for biking, walking. Not necessarily a "hike".

Had a great time. We have two reactive dogs, but were able to go out on the Kettle Woods loop (3.74 miles) and did not encounter a single other dog. Walked past quite a few people and there were some creepy single men hanging around, if you catch my drift, but I almost feel like that happens at any park anymore. All in all a beautiful park!

I enjoyed walking in on the boardwalk! I have been here several times, although it has been several years since the last time i was there. Once I was there in spring and teeny frogs were hopping all across the trail!

I enjoy riding my bike here because the trails are wide and often paved. Much of the mileage is out in the open so a summer day can be a scorcher in the direct sun. Runners who prefer roads should be comfortable on these trails. Mostly wetland views.

This park is very nice. I didn't see very many birds but the scenery was beautiful

Easy going trail with some mild hills, consistent terrain, and nice scenery. You can also access McHenry Dam from this park.

wow, this place rules.