Lake Katherine Trail

Lake Katherine Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palos Heights, IL that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This was a really beautiful trail and great to walk around. Nice wide trail (I took my dog with) so passing other dogs we weren't on top of each other. NOT for off leash! There are tons of people and dogs walking the trail. It is short, only a mile, so we took two laps. It's great for a quick beautiful trip!

Beautiful place

Very nicely kept trail with great attempts to maintain nature preserves for birds and wildlife. They had a lot of man-made mini parks that were nice to stroll through as well. Overall, it was a beautiful park.

Although I was able to take my dog, it would not be a location to let him off the leash based on how many other people and dogs were there even just to go into the water.

It was an easy walk without challenging obstacles. It'd be a great loop to jog at or ride a bike if that is allowed.

Very comfortable walking trail for all ages

With the warm weather on Christmas Eve, what better day to go for a walk on a new, short trail. The Lake Katherine loop was great. I'd like to get back out and try snow shoeing later this winter and canoeing there this summer.

This place is beautiful!!

1 mile trail is okay. Too many people everywhere. I don't like to have to keep stopping because there are kids everywhere and people sightseeing.

nice waterfall and lake. where is the 4 mile trail? only could find the one mile. no maps to tell you where it is.

Beautiful area for sure and stroller friendly as well just so the parents know!!!

Very simple and peaceful trail

Beautiful. Easy hike. Great for photo ops. Very clean.

I just found this place and I'm a big fan! clean and beautiful. I need to come back to check out those bike trails!!

Very easy trail....flat, no inclines, no fuss. The trail path is covered in mulch. There are lots of interesting sites to see around the lake. Butterfly gardens, herb gardens, identified trees, lots of benches, (and the day we went) 3 wedding parties taking photographs. Enjoyable easy walk around the lake. Very dog and children friendly.

The path around the lake is just under 1 mile. It's cute, but short. Lots of garbage cans and recycling bins, so there's that.

Not bad, little too manicured to be a trail though. It was a lot of fun to walk though. I'd go back again.

I grew up very close to Lake Katherine and have always loved it. I have many memories here. Not much of a hike, but it is a very beautiful place to see. They have gardens, lots of wildlife, and a pretty cool shop/information center. The atmosphere is great. The people there are kind and always helpful. A great place to take photos for events also!

like it

Very nice trail and park area, well maintained. Lots of places to stop, sit and relax. Plenty of ducks, geese, turtles and a swan family around the lake. I would rate this trail as Easy not moderate, its pretty flat. The directions are wrong. The park is located off of Route 83 (119th St.) and Route 43 (Harlem Ave.) Go west on Rt 83 to 75th. St. Go north. Park is at the end of the block.