Kishwaukee River Canoe Route

Kishwaukee River Canoe Route is a 8.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Cherry Valley, IL that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for fishing, canoeing, and whitewater kayaking.

8.5 miles 99 feet Point to Point

whitewater kayaking

Kishwaukee River, Rockford, Cherry Valley, New Milford, Illinois

September 11, 2016. Kayak trip from Baumann Park in Cherry Valley to Seth Atwood Park near Milford. Took about 4 hours. Beautiful and scenic. Fall colors just barely beginning. Water level at Perryville was 5.95 feet at the time. Nice flow and depth to the river. I didn't bottom out at any time. When I solo kayak I have been successful getting an Uber driver to take me back to my car. I have T-mobile and could not get reception at Seth Atwood. Fortunately, some other kayakers gave me ride to Blackhawk park (where they started) and I was able to get an Uber ride back to Baumann (about $7 chrage).

I like this segment better than Belevidere to Cherry Valley. But both segments are awesome. This is a great river. The people who live along and near it take a lot of pride in this river. It is deserved.