I & M Canal State Trail

I & M Canal State Trail is a 11 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Willow Springs, IL and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking, road biking, and mountain biking and is accessible from April until October.

The trail is fairly straight, level, and containing mostly the same scenery. Overall though, i enjoy coming here if I'm doing an 8 mile tempo run. As i said, it's flat and relatively straight; very good for quick runs. If your biking (wide tire) or hiking, i would suggest you make an immediate right once the trail starts. It's a more interesting path through the forest.

4 mile walk south today

Walked from Willow Springs Rd. to Tri-State Tollway(3 Miles)
Between the loop course is a great path for mountain bikes.
Wide trail for walking

Easy pavement to run, the view is lovely love the markings on the ground .

Very easy, level, paved trail. Hikers, runners and cyclist make it often times crowded. Nice walk along Cal Sag.

I really like this trail system. I bike it more than hike. I would like to take it down to starved rock, do an overnight and bike back some time soon. This is a part of a larger trail system that will take you past Utica, The scenery is nice. It gets unattractive for about a mile next to the barge repair yard, but you get past that quick. I always look forward to this trail.

did this trail all the time as a kid.. Great Trail